At the Stroke of Midnight the Dolls would Dance

sepia photographs
When I was little my Uncle David would visit or babysit and he would tell us bedtime stories or play tricks. He had me convinced that my dolls on the shelf above my bed played and danced while I slept. I would try to pretend I was asleep and suddenly open my eyes hoping to catch them in the act. Alas the sandman would creep up and sleep would always overtake me. In the  morning I would jump up to see if the dolls had moved. 



They would always somehow be in different positions on the shelf when my Uncle was staying hah!  The other times they didn't seem to have moved although I stared very very hard at the minutest details hoping to prove that they indeed had been up past the midnight hour playing and dancing.

Comments

Popular Posts