The Secret World of Awesome Dolls and Shadows

black and white photography
Over the years I have begun to notice just how many images I create using dolls, new and old, but mostly old or discarded.  I came across a pile of dolls in a bin at goodwill outlet and couldn't help feel somewhat sad. Obviously at one time this doll must have been part of a prized collection, now relegated to the bottom of a dusty bin. 
black and white photography
This doll is actually a lamp from the uk stamped 1964 and was found in a hair training college in the North of England by my friend Karen. I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere and I suspect it's quite rare. I had loads of fun photographing her before I have to hand her back.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I never really liked dolls too much as a child, although I do remember really wanting one that said mama when I was a wee bairn living in Hetton-le-Hole.  So my fascination with dolls now is an odd twist in my older years.  If not using them in yarnbombs, then I am photographing them and imagining what stories they might tell.
I had to share, such a creepy cool video.

I love what this artist has done 
She's a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world: Artist re-creates iconic images with world's most famous doll

Err, amazing what you find when you do a google search. This has got to be one of the strangest stories I have read.
and I mean like DOLLS


Comments

Popular Posts