Embroidered Photograph on Exhibit in March

I took a series of photographs of my friend, jafapal Nancy, and decided to see if  
portrait photo art by jafabrit
I could do do something with the image that would convey her feelings of turning 60. Nancy decided to call the series "bloomin' at 60" and I think this works wonderfully with the title. I had to stitch several photographs before I was able to find the stitch pattern that was going to work best. I also have holes in my index finger to prove it.  This one will be going into the Women's Voices Out Loud exhibit at the Antioch College Herndon Gallery, and another version of the photograph will be showing at the 
X*ACT Gallery located 45 E. Second Street, in Xenia, Ohio.
I haven't stitched this photograph below, but it is one of my favourites and I wanted to share it.

All the best
jafabrit


Comments

Popular Posts