Retro Corner: Then and Now from Ingenue AD to Fin Dac

Welcome to my blog, art of corrine bayraktaroglu, and a place where I love to explore arts, crafts and the world around me. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Ingenue Magazine July 1967

There are some things from the 60's I am very happy to leave behind, but I loved the cornsilk ad's back then, and still do. They have a stylistic appeal that continues today with stencil graffiti artists.

The one's I've done are pretty simple

one layer spray on yarnbombing        three layer bird on a cd

but there are some artists whose stencils are so layered and complicated it makes my mind boggle.One of my favourite stencil artists is  Fin Dac.

"odettia"
http://shop.prettyportal.de/collections/fin-dac
Image used with permission and ©FinDac

You can see more on his website on tumblr
If you like his work you can buy screenprints at pretty portal.
Image used with permission and ©FinDac

 You can also find him on finbarr dac fb pageFlickr or Twitter. I like his quote "I create my art to keep myself happy...if others like it then that's a great by-product".
Pretty much sums it up for me.

Artist Series: FIN DAC from Abid Khan on Vimeo.


Comments

Popular Posts