Irregularity of Stitch

There is something about the imperfections and irregularity of embroidery stitches that so appeals to me
 perhaps for the same reason I love the texture of oil paintings, it's that human touch. I am loving sneaking in metallic embroidery thread just for that glint of shimmer that catches the eye.
The weather Sunday morning was GLORIOUS and I started the day stitching in the Gazebo.
Exploring the art of goldwork and use of metallic embroidery threads on the internet I came across this  charming painting of a girl wearing a goldwork embroidery dress
Public Domain Image courtesy of Wiki/Brooklyn Museum

Doña María de la Luz Padilla y (Gómez de) Cervantes - Nicolás Enríquez


Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a topic which is close to my heart...

Thank you! Where are your contact details though?
jafabrit said…
I have a contact form on my sidebar or you can use the contact form on my website :)

Popular Posts