Contemplatio and Odd Creatures

It is time easily  pushed aside or forgotten as we rush about our lives or get caught in a cycle of petty minutiae.   I know Rodin's context is in terms of fleshing out (excuse the pun) the spirit of nature out of a block of marble, but spending time JUST looking at nature can animate us, feed our souls, ease us, inspire us.  


Odd Creatures in the Garden
I was watching butterflies in the garden and decided to take a couple of photographs and saw a strange little creature that I'd never noticed before.
At first I thought it was a hummingbird, or a large strange bee, but after some research discovered it is a Hummingbird Moth.  I have seen them flitting around, but never really LOOKED at them.
  According to the link above it takes a "certain amount of luck" to see one. 
Here is an amazing photo from Wikipedia
Image courtesy of IronChris Creative Commons Wikipedia

Comments

Popular Posts