The Magic of Line Drawing


20 minute pose
It's been a year since I did any life drawing and I feel so SO rusty. I had such a hard time with the angle of the head and the feet. Trying to get that sense of skeletal and muscular structure from this angle and with just contour drawing is a real challenge.  I struggled not to fall back on my comfort zone and blend and model.
So glad I was able to go and hope to be able to keep going during the winter months. As the link states, contour drawing is a very "effective way of defining observation skills such as identifying the underlying structure of the subject, relating forms etc."

"It was through the daily practice of life drawing that he cultivated his ideas"



Comments

Undaunted said…
I'm the complete opposite - I find it harder to do the "bend and model". So when I go (which I haven't for years) that's the thing I have to work on. :)

Popular Posts