Embroidered 3D Fly

I am just having way TOO much fun with the Free Art Friday Box-ism series.  Just hope those finding them are too. 
This one was inspired by Kurt Cobain's quote,
"If you're really a mean person you're going to come back as a fly and eat poop."
photograph,  hand embroidery fly (with wire, gauze, silk embroidery floss, googly eyes), vintage green shag fabric, altoid tin , poop (embroidery floss wrapped around wire).
Not sure when I'll be putting it out into the world, but be sure it's going out in Yellow Springs one Friday in December.
If you want to have some fun recycling tins, check out this site. They have some GREAT ideas, such as covering the lid with polymer clay or creating a small garden.

The joy of being part of a community, and this is just amazingly beautiful.


 Free Art Friday has a similar esprit de corps with artists connecting and sharing around the world via fb.

Comments

wow!I learned to embroider as a kid, but not until this morning at 5 am did I get interested intensely and put FOUR embroidery books on my wish list on Amazon.
what an amazing coincidence that I stopped by today! I had a mother and grandmother who were wonderful at embroidery, knitting, and practiaclly everything ... but all I liked to do as a kid was draw and act.
jafabrit said…
Oh, I would be interested which books you chose Jean. Last Christmas I got Needle Painting by Trish Burr and it was just wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you get and do. thanks for dropping by.

Popular Posts