Custom Wedding Christmas Crackers

Spent the morning with jafapal Nancy decorating the Wedding Crackers. It's impossible to find finished wedding crackers in the USA so I bought empty one's from Old English Crackers based in the USA. These are called Ivory Swirl, and after adding an assortment of embellishments with my trusty glue gun I think they look very nice. 
Next step is to add the customary cracker joke, a sweet, and a small gift (will be skipping the paper crowns).
For those who are unfamiliar with the British tradition of Christmas Crackers check in with this website. Basically they are a party favour that makes a snap sound when pulled.  Some can be very elaborate and others cheap, but either way the jokes are always groaners.
What kind of paper likes music?
(w)rapping paper.
AHEM!
Why couldn't the police catch the toilet theives?
Because they had nothing to go on.
OKAY
You get the picture.
and the gifts, LA di DA!

Wee Birdy shows a FAB collection from 2011. It's hard to decide which one's I like the best, the peacock feather one's are stunning.
Well that's enough for today.


Comments

deb said…
Wish I had know you were doing crackers - my mum used to make them and I have all kinds of cracker paraphernalia here - including snaps of course! What a great idea!!
jafabrit said…
Oh my, it just goes to show putting the call out on my blog might have helped Deb. I think crackers at weddings must be fairly new in the UK, as in the last 10 or 15 years.

Popular Posts