It's a puzzle and it's a good thing too


Work In Progress: Paint and Stitch on linen
Suddenly I just wanted to start sneaking eyes into parts of the painted and embroidered linen piece I'm working on."recent study has concluded what many of us knew already.  That great ideas tend to appear when you aren't trying."  source

One of my favourite paintings to revisit each time I go back to Penn State's Palmer Museum of Art is Country Dog Gentlemen by Roy De Forest  When I saw they had a jigsaw puzzle in their gift shop I had to get it.

Sometimes I have to fight the idea that doing a jigsaw puzzle is a time waster, BUT it's one of those activities that is good for the brain, so they say. This one is fairly easy but the last one, phew it made me cross-eyed.
"While working on jigsaw puzzles, it has been studied that there exists continuous activity thought the brain involving all the cells and parts of the brain. This intense activity works to exercise the brain cells and thereby activate them and increase their efficiency and capacity too."source: Why Jigsaw Puzzles Are Good For The Brain

LINKS


"Study from the University of California: Why great ideas come when you aren't trying and they say "creativity is fostered by tasks that allow the mind to wander."

I just hope all this wandering is working ;)



Popular Posts