The Lights are Too Bright

Embroidery of Sunglasses 

I read an interesting commentary about artists wanting attention and I sort of agree in that yes, there are some who want to be famous, some hope the work is famous, and some who love to share what they do, etc.  What I don't agree with is the notion that by virtue of displaying one's work on blogs or elsewhere artists just want attention for themselves, or are desperate for attention ;)

People like to show what they love doing and  artists are no different. 

 My only desperation comes when I'm unable to do art for some reason (and I know many of you relate to that). I do have a need to show what I love doing, and I do really appreciate it when people notice my work. However in the grand scheme of things I am generally ignored in the bigger world of painting and embroidery.  Does that mean one stops doing what they love and showing it, I think NOT!  

Meanwhile back in the land of Yellow Springs, I continue to help jafapal Nancy prepare the gallery,and install the upcoming grand re-opening exhibit.
Les put up the new sign.

Come Friday we may be too exhausted to get down and to the funky chicken at the disco party.

Comments

Popular Posts