A duh moment

I wanted an incentive box to put by the treadmill (certain loved one's have said they will put a dollar in every time I use the treadmill for a given time) so I went to the shop to see if I could find something. I did and it cost $15 dollars and I'm thinking how ridiculous for me to spend money for a money box. That's when I had the duh moment, sheesh, I can recycle, I can make it myself using the scraps I have in the garage.
The front of the box is a test piece I did a couple of years ago and is a photograph of one of my heart paintings that I glued to mdf board and then coated with resin. The top is open for easy droppage of coinage.



Comments

Undaunted said…
Your money box is lovely :) but... what did you do with the one you bought?
jafabrit said…
Oh I didn't buy undaunted, I couldn't bring myself to pay for one when I knew I could make one.
Even the mundane takes on new meaning in a Jafa house. Your post title should have been Never a Duh Moment.
jafabrit said…
LOL Bill! You don't even want to know what I am doing Monday ;)
Undaunted said…
Lol, good one Bill!
Lana Gramlich said…
Ain't that just the way? *LOL* Still, it's a lovely box!
crpitt said…
Love the box! Maybe you should add 15 dollars to it straight away for nearly being duh :)

Really appreciated your input in the bullying post.
Yi said…
jafa, jafa, jafa. a lovely box. you should put in a dollar for showing the incentive to own a tredmil in the first place. Where i live it isn't a commen thing- we just go outside and run.
jafabrit said…
lol Claire, I like the idea but I don't want to put the 15.00 dollars in, I shall HINT! certain nearby persons :)

Yi, I walk outside too, everyday (weather permitting). I LOVE walking. Been raining cats and dogs all day today though :( Wouldn't mind walking in YOUR neighbourhood though, it looks fab.
Yi said…
well, next time your in the neighbourhood... stop in

Popular Posts