W is for Window to Winter

winter view by c.bayrak
alphabet soup for W






Comments

That antique waste argument sounds like my mom saying I should clean my plate because people are starving in China. I was just blogging about the rice show, where Stan's Cafe of the Uk uses mounds of rice to bring the incredible numbers in statistics to life. A criticism of their work is if you are going to use rice to make points about poverty, hunger or homelessness why not just give these tons of rice away. Now if those same critics went to the show or checked the web they would know that after the exhibit the rice heads directly to local soup kitchens and homeless shelters. So I suppose its easier to sit and critique than raise awareness.
jafabrit said…
thanks Bill for the info and a perfect illustration about those who sit on their high horse of judgement.
Will check out your blog entry.

I once got detention for telling a teacher that I don't believe starving children in africa would feel better knowing I was forced to eat on a full stomach for their benefit.
Undaunted said…
People moan too much. I think your post is a great answer to the rediculous comments yarn bombers get.

I love your winter photo.
Philip said…
And did you know that Americans throw away 50% of food they buy each year? In Europe it is 30% which is still way too high in my opinion.
jafabrit said…
50%,EEEK! that is pretty outrageous really. I shall try and remember to bring that up.
Lady P said…
you tell 'em girl!!

Popular Posts