A is for Alley


As in an alleyway in Keith's Alley, Yellow Springs Ohio

Part of Pierre Nagely's mural on the right
Alphabet Soup project with Laughter Minute

SAD NEWS
Boo hoo! whaaaaaaaaaaa!
Due to the Economy, or lack thereof.
Yellow Springs lost a lovely little gallery this weekend.
The Nolaa Gallery, owned by jafagirl Jen, closed its doors this weekend.
Your wonderful little gallery and bright presence in town will be MISSED.

ART NEWS
Well the sketchbook project drove me bonkers but now I miss it.
When I got the sketchbook my jaw dropped when I saw the size of it.
OH I moaned and whinged on
"it's teeny" I screamed,
"people won't be able to see the pics let alone any text" I moaned.
One day dear mr.jafabrit brought home a little gift for my itty bitty sketchbook

"intensate"


Comments

CSouthwell said…
Wow. What a shot. :)

Ill upload and link back soon.


Thanks for joining in.

Charlie
CSouthwell said…
Nice picture! Wow. Ill add it later.

Thanks for joining in, can't wait to see tomorrows.
Undaunted said…
Hmm... I wouldn't want to take a walk down that alley - I'd get stuck!

Such a shame about the gallery. Will it re-open in the future?

I wondered what the magnifying glass was all about!!
Lana Gramlich said…
I'm so sorry to hear about the Nolaa gallery. Our town lost it's only art gallery at the end of 2008, too. The recession hits arts so hard. When people can't afford food & mortgages, art's the last thing on their minds. <:(
Spoon of life said…
So sorry to hear about the gallery...tough times for every one...

But you'll see way more of me again...I'm baaahhhccckkk ;)
I have a new project in my hands...I hope you'll follow us again :)

Love,
Maria
Sheree Rensel said…
OMG!!! The magnifying glass is GENIUS!! Brilliant! Magnificent! I hear you girl! We talked about this before. I didn't know they made such teeny weeny sketchbooks! Where did they get them in Cracker Jack boxes? LOL LOL
Even though it is little, it sure has taken a long time to do. It was small in size, but it had a lot of pages to do in a short amount of time.

I was worried about the text thing too. Therefore, I made my book with pages similar to my paintings. ONE BIG WORD on each page. If I can read it being batty blind, everybody can read it.
Congratulations on finishing yours. I have four pages left to do! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

P.S. It is so terrible about the gallery. It is bad times all over. I can't believe how many storefronts are closing down here. Even my longtime framer just shut her door. It is so sad.

Popular Posts