I thought it hilarious when my neighbour from glasgow told me she had never heard the Geordie version of tell tale tit (it isn't like we live thousands of miles from each other and come from completely different cultures) and I hadn't heard her version either.
Geordie: tellie tale tit, yer tongue'll get bit, aal the little dickie birds will come an have a bit.
Glasgow:Tell tale tit. Yer mammy cannae knit, yer daddy cannae go tae bed Withoot a dummy tit
Here is one version I heard in America: Tattletale, tattletale : Hanging on a bull's tail : When the bull has to pee : You will get a cup of tea.
How was it said where you are from?
Oh I was tagged by Lyn. so here goes.
6 weird things about myself
1. I like boiled sea snails called winkles dipped in vinegar
2. I like to decorate rubber cockroaches
3. I like my hair to look like bed hair (daughter says I am beginning to rememble my dog-oh that means I must look cute huh!)
4. I think nothing of using porcelain teeth in a peice of art
5. I once bought fake eyeballs off ebay
6. I like dipping french fries in mayonnaise