What a dog!!!!!!!!


A lot of people ask me about my work since it can be very political or making some social statement. I have a love of painting the human face, am intrigued by the human condition and have a deeply empathetic soul. I guess those factors play into my work, but I don’t actually sit down and plan to do social or political art. Believe it or not, there are times when I am moved to do something that speaks to the joys in life. This is toots (now residing in doggie heaven), and boy was she a bad bad bad drooly, smelly, naughty, greedy doggy BUT we LOVED her. why has she got a pepsi can on her head? My children were eating pizza and as usual she was wanting a bit. My son bet my daughter toots would keep still long enough to keep a pepsi can on her head if she thought the morsel of pizza was coming her way.I think she kept it on her head about 5 minutes. I am sure it could have been longer, toots could sit an hour staring at a piece of food if she thought it might come her way.

Comments

KnitWit said…
Just saying hi :). Hey, I have a blog here too :). For my knitting and fiberarts. Still no pics yet, but lots of chatter and musings, so if you need to sleep, check it out.
KnitWit said…
oh yeah, I'm Nolita at WC lol forgot to tell ya :P. Musta creeped you out a bit, or annoyed you, might have made you feel spammed.
jafabrit said…
LoL, no not creeped out or annoyed. thanks for stopping by and it was nice chatting with you today.
Lynette said…
Wonderful painting Alfreda and this is a great photo of your dog LOL! I'm smiling and thinking that Toots must have been a sweet dog to let that Pepsi can sit on her head that way. Our 2 dogs used to love pizza too. I'm sorry Toots is in dog heaven. Ours is gone there too and we still miss 'em lots :(
eek said…
Did she ever get the piece of pizza? :-)

My dog Zeke thinks everything I eat should be his also. What a guy!

(kiabgoa at WC, btw)
jafabrit said…
Hi there, yes she sure did get the pizza LOL! We adored this dog, but man she was the naughtiest, smelliest, greediest dog I ever saw. She could swipe a peice of food from your hand while you walked by her and not know it.
Lynette said…
LOL we used to have a dog like that. She loved pizza and if you got near her with a piece of food she would almost twitch with anticipation of grabbing it out of your hand. She was a fat little dog too. She got sick last summer though and we had to put her down. Sure miss that little bugger! She had a good long life though. :(

Popular Posts